Lawyering Together: Villanova University School of Law’s Pro Bono Project
299 North Spring Mill RoadVillanova, PA 11908
- Phone: (610) 519-7228
MISSION STATEMENT Lawyering Together: Villanova University School of Law's Pro Bono Project works to blend service and learning by partnering Villanova Law students with attorney mentors to work on pro bono cases in Philadelphia. DESCRIPTION: In an effort to make pro bono legal service an important part of legal education, the law school created Lawyering Together, an innovative partnership involving law students, attorneys, the law school and pro bono organizations. Interested attorneys and students are matched based on their indicated case preferences. Each pair is assigned to work with one of three co-sponsoring public interest organizations. Our co-sponsoring organizations are SeniorLaw Center, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP) and the Support Center for Child Advocates. Students are also available to assist on on-going pro bono cases, whether or not assigned through our partner organizations. SPECIALIZATION: Domestic relations (including custody, adoption, and domestic violence) · Immigration · Wills and other personal planning documents · Consumer rights · Personal injury litigation defense.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Montgomery, Philadelphia
- Area of law: Consumer, Family & Juvenile, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Personal Injury
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.