Tacomaprobono Community Lawyers
To Volunteer, Contact:
621 Tacoma Avenue SouthSuite 303Tacoma, WA 98402
- Phone: 1-888-822-5134
- Fax: 253-627-5883
- Website: http://www.tacomaprobono.org
- Email: email@example.com
Tacomaprobono Community Lawyers combats systemic racism and other forms of discrimination by expanding access to civil legal justice. We provide free holistic legal services, including representation, advice and education to those persons who by reason of poverty are unable to effectively access the legal system. Alongside our volunteers, we provide a wide variety of service delivery programs. Our work removes barriers which deny justice to underserved and marginalized individuals and communities by providing efficient, effective legal services addressing both individual client legal issues and systemic issues affecting our diverse client population.
We seek volunteers to assist clients with a variety of civil legal needs. Volunteers may participate by meeting briefly with a client for advice and counsel or may elect to provide a more involved level of representation. As a volunteer attorney, your work with the program is determined entirely by your own interests and schedule. We have the highest need in the areas of family and housing, but also help clients with bankruptcy, employment, will, estates, Social Security/SSI, and many other civil legal areas. Training and mentorship opportunities are available.
To volunteer click here.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Pierce
- Area of law: Arts, Civil Rights, Community Development, Consumer, Criminal Appeals, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Prisoners, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: Low Income, except Neighborhood Legal Clinic which is open
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No