King County Bar Volunteer Legal Services
To Volunteer, Contact:
1200 Fifth AvenueSuite 600Seattle, WA 98101
- Phone: 206-267-7100
- Website: http://www.kcba.org/pbs/volunteers.aspx
- Email: ToVolunteer@kcba.org
King County Bar Volunteer Legal Services serves low income people in King County facing civil legal issues. VLS is looking for experienced attorneys committed to social justice and interested in helping low income people in the community, by taking cases for direct representation.
Areas of Law: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Social Security Overpayments, Estate Planning, Vacating Criminal Records and Debt Defense
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: King
- Area of law: Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Social Security Overpayments, Estate Planning, Vacating Criminal Records and Debt Defense
- Populations Served: HIV, Immigrants, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status, Low Income, Working poor and unemployed, Homeless, Refugees, People with limited English regardless of immigration status
- Opportunities For: Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Training is provided occasionally.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: Yes
- Other Case Load Requirements: Volunteers are asked to take a minimum of 2 cases a year. VLS staff will contact the volunteer attorney periodically providing a summary of a case. Volunteers may accept or decline to take a particular case.
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No