Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio, Legal Immigration Services Department
To Volunteer, Contact:
7162 Reading Rd., Suite 600Cincinnati, OH 45237
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 513-672-3739
- Website: https://ccswoh.org/how-to-get-involved/volunteer/
- Email: email@example.com
Provides legal representation and assistance to immigrants, refugees, and their families within the immigration legal system.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Hamilton
- Area of law: Immigration & Naturalization, Nonprofit Organizations
- Populations Served: Asylum Seekers, Children, Domestic Violence Victims, General Public, Human Trafficking Survivors, Immigrant youth and unaccompanied minors, Immigrants, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status, Juveniles, Low Income, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Need for non-English services: Akan-Twi, Arabic, French, Igbo, Ilocano, Indonesian, Iraqi, Nepali, Spanish, Sudanese, Swahili, Other
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: A limited amount of training in immigration law is provided, however attorneys are expected to visit immigration law CLE courses on their own.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Case Load Requirements: preferably at least 5 hours per week to assist caseworkers, 15 to take on cases
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Translate legal documents
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.