Philadelphia Landlord/Tenant Legal Help Center, A Collaborative Project Administered by SeniorLAW Center and Operated by TURN
To Volunteer, Contact:
Walk-In Help Center: Municipal Court,1339 Chestnut Street, 10th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19107
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 215-606-3556
Mission: To provide free legal information, advice, and limited representation to unrepresented, low-income individuals who are facing eviction and other legal rental housing problems in Philadelphia
Description: Legal information, advice and limited representation services are provided to tenants who live in Philadelphia and whose income is 200% of the federal poverty level or below. Tenants may receive services coming to the Help Center during intake hours. Tenants sign-in at the Clerk’s Counter to meet with an attorney on a first-come, first-served basis.
Walk-In Help Center: Municipal Court, 1339 Chestnut Street, 10th Floor
Operating Hours: Mondays: 1:30-3:30 p.m.; Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Philadelphia
- Area of law: Homeless, Housing
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Operating Hours: Mondays: 1:30-3:30 p.m.; Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No