King County Bar Association Pro Bono Services- QLSP
To Volunteer, Contact:
Anne Daly206-267-7100 Ext. 7018
1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 700Seattle, WA 98101
- Phone: 206-267-7100
- Fax: 206-267-7099
- Website: http://www.kcba.org/
- Email: ToVolunteer@kcba.org
The King County Bar Association Pro Bono Services (PBS) promote social justice by ensuring equal and non-discriminatory access to PBS services for all individuals. PBS programs provide volunteer-based, client-focused legal services to low income King County residents who would not otherwise receive legal assistance.
Housing Justice Project - Legal help for low income tenants facing eviction.
Family Law Mentor Program - Dissolution and parentage cases where children are at risk.
Kinship Care Solutions Project - Third party custody cases
Neighborhood Legal Clinics - Civil legal issues, 30-minute client consultations.
Self-Help Plus Program - Review pleadings - uncontested dissolutions and parenting plans.
Volunteer Legal Services - Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Defense, Estate Planning,
Eviction related Landlord/Tenant Disputes, SSI/SSDI Overpayments, Vacating Criminal Records.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: King
- Area of law: Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Nonprofit Organizations
- Populations Served: General Public
- Opportunities For: Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Hotline staffing, Legal Research, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No