Chattahoochee Family Law Information Center (CFLIC)
To Volunteer, Contact:
100 10th StreetColumbus, GA 31902
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (706) 571-0988
- Website: http://www.chattahoocheefamilylawcenter.org/
The Chattahoochee Family Law Information Center (CFLIC) was developed to assist residents of Chattahoochee, Harris, Marion, Muscogee, Talbot, and Taylor counties who wish to represent themselves in domestic legal matters or educate themselves about domestic issues.
CFLIC has legal form packets and instructions available to assist in the following areas: divorce (with and without children), contempt, legitimation (available online), child custody and visitation modifications, modification of child support, and name changes.
If you need assistance finding your information, you may talk to someone from CFLIC at the Muscogee County Courthouse. The CFLIC is normally staffed from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM on the first, second, and third Fridays of each month. Please call (706) 653-4010 to confirm the CFLIC will be staffed.
The CFLIC does not provide legal advice. Only a lawyer may provide you with legal advice. The CFLIC recommends that you seek the advice of a lawyer who will be familiar not only with the law but will also be familiar with the procedures of the court.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Chattahoochee, Harris, Marion, Muscogee, Talbot, Taylor
- Area of law: Consumer, Family & Juvenile
- Populations Served: General Public, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No