ACLU of Washington
To Volunteer, Contact:
901 Fifth Ave., Suite 630Seattle, WA 98164
- Phone: 206-624-2184
- Website: http://www.aclu-wa.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Civil Liberties Union of Washington is a nonprofit nonpartisan membership organization devoted to protecting the civil liberties of all people in Washington and extending rights to groups that historically have been denied equal treatment.
ACLU of Washington volunteer attorneys take on matters ranging from direct representation, amicus brief writing, negotiating out-of-court settlements, advocacy before administrative agencies to drafting and presenting legislative testimony. We do our best to match the attorney's interest and experience with the issues raised in our cases.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Washington
- Area of law: Civil Rights
- Populations Served: General Public
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: ACLU of Washington periodically hosts CLEs on civil rights/civil liberties topics.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Legislative or policy advocacy, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Class actions, Litigation: Impact, Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Prepare legal education materials
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No