Law Advocates Family Law Self Help Clinic
To Volunteer, Contact:
Catherine O'Connell360-671-6079 x 17
PO Box 937Bellingham, WA 98227
- Phone: 360-671-6079 x 17
- Website: http://www.lawadvocates.org/
- Email: Cathi@lawadvocates.org
Volunteer Attorneys provide clinical legal services for low income needing Family Law Legal Services.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Whatcom
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile
- Populations Served: Low Income, Persons with Disabilities, State Residents, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Family Law Self Help Clinic is Thursdays 9:30-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Family Law Self Help Clinic is coordinated by an Attorney, and mentorship opportunities are available by local Family Law Bar members. Knowledge of Family Law Practice is preferred, but not required. Training on data base, forms procedure, filing procedure is provided.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: Law Advocates is a legal aide service provider, providing service to low income community members. CLE Pro Bono Credis (up to 4) are available for volunteer Pro Bono hours, once Pro Bono Advocate training is completed.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Case Load Requirements: Participate in Family Law Clinic on Thursdays each week. May require some additional hours outside of this, flexible.
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.