ABA Military Pro Bono Project (Montana)
To Volunteer, Contact:
321 N. Clark StreetChicago, IL 60654
- Phone: 312-988-5783
- Fax: 312-988-5483
- Website: http://www.militaryprobono.org
- Email: email@example.com
The American Bar Association has recently launched a first-of-its kind national case referral project to deliver pro bono legal assistance in civil cases to active-duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their eligible family members: The ABA Military Pro Bono Project. Unlike several programs developed primarily to assist veterans, the ABA project serves active-duty servicemembers. This web-based venture improves access to pro bono civil legal assistance for military personnel, including active-duty members of the National Guard and Reserves, while expanding opportunities for firms and attorneys to provide pro bono services.
Referrals of income-eligible military clients originate in military legal assistance offices after a thorough screening for legal merit by military handling attorneys, with additional screening by supervising military attorneys. The cases are then be offered to attorneys and firms that have registered with the Project website and who are qualified pro bono providers in the geographic area and subject area of interest for that case.
We are looking for attorneys and firms to register with our website to be offered pro bono opportunities when they arise. We are in particular need of family law practitioners. Please visit www.militaryprobono.org for more information and to sign up.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Montana
- Populations Served: Active military and their families
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Senior Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No