To Volunteer, Contact:
712 H St NE, PMB 97263Washington , DC 20002
- Phone: 202 905-2788
- Website: http://www.appleseednetwork.org
- Email: email@example.com
A non-profit network of 16 public interest justice centers in the U.S. and Mexico, Appleseed is dedicated to building a society in which opportunities are genuine, access to the law is universal and equal, and government advances the public interest.
Appleseed uncovers and corrects injustices and barriers to opportunity through legal, legislative and market-based structural reform.
Working with our huge pro bono network, we identify and examine social injustices, make specific recommendations, and advocate for effective solutions to deep-seated structural problems. Together, Appleseed and Appleseed Centers form a network for positive change, building a society that provides each individual access to justice and a genuine opportunity to lead a full and productive life.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: District of Columbia
- Area of law: Elder Law
- Populations Served: Elderly
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Legislative or policy advocacy
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No