Oklahoma City YouthBuild
To Volunteer, Contact:
3301 SW 17th StreetOklahoma City, OK 73108
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 405-601-5516
- Fax: 405-681-8488
- TTY: n/a
- Website: http://www.okcyouthbuild.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YouthBuild is a youth and community development program that simultaneously addresses core issues facing low-income communities: housing, education, employment, crime prevention, and leadership development.
In our program, low-income young people ages 16-24 work toward their GED or high school diploma, learn job skills and serve their communities by building affordable housing, and transform their own lives and roles in society.
Our Mission: To build understanding, integrity, and confidence in youth and young adults through education and community involvement.
Our Vision: To create a culture of environmentally conscience, self-sustainable youth and young adults with higher education opportunities for a harmonious future.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Oklahoma
- Area of law: Community Development, Family & Juvenile, Nonprofit Organizations, Public Benefits, Criminal Law
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, General Public, Immigrants, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Native Americans, Nonprofits, Persons with Disabilities, State Residents, Women, Working poor and unemployed, Our students range between the ages of 16 and 24 years old.
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No