New Jersey Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
To Volunteer, Contact:
PO Box 2265Flemington, NJ 08822
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Jersey artists and arts organizations have a growing need for accessible attorneys and legal education. Only by safeguarding their legal interests can artists hope to enrich New Jersey's cultural and economic community. That's why New Jersey Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts was formed. We help artists and arts organizations through pro bono attorney referrals and legal education.
As an NJVLA pro bono attorney, you can choose your level of participation :
- Champion an artist's cause: take on a client for full representation on a specific matter. Represent a client in a litigation from beginning to end. Form a non-profit organization. Draft a contract.
- Ever dreamed of being a law professor? Give a lecture to an arts or cultural organization's members about the laws that effect them.
- Don't have much time, but still want to help out? Provide legal advice through our fax and phone services. Review a student-written pamphlet for our website.
- Want to get deeply involved with an arts or cultural organization? Join a Board of Directors through our Board Matching program.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: New Jersey
- Area of law: Arts
- Populations Served: Artists
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No