Rhode Island Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer Program
115 Cedar StProvidence, RI 02903-1082
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 401-421-7799
- Fax: 401-421-2703
- Website: http://www.ribar.com
The Rhode Island Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer Program (VLP), funded through a grant from Rhode Island Legal Services, Inc. and the Rhode Island Bar Foundation, provides pro bono (free) legal services to qualified low-income Rhode Islanders. Participating attorneys provide legal assistance, at no charge. The client's income must qualify under federally regulated guidelines to receive pro bono assistance, and the case must fall under one of the areas of law handled by the VLP. Clients may be responsible for filing fees, court costs and other out-of-pocket expenses. For information, telephone: (401) 421-7758 or 1-800-339-7758 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adoption, Bankruptcy, Consumer, Child Custody, Dissolution of Marriage, Domestic Violence, Education, Employment, Health, Housing, Individual Rights, Public Benefits, Torts, Wills, Limited immigration, we have a pro bono program for the Elderly through our Lawyer Referral Service. No fee generating matters. No criminal matters.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Rhode Island
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, Homeless, Housing, Life Planning, Prisoners, Public Benefits, Veterans
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Opportunities are available for volunteer attorneys to attend free CLE seminars throughout the year.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No