Legal Aid Of North Carolina, Ahoskie
To Volunteer, Contact:
- Organization Type: Nonprofit Legal Services Provider
610 East Church StreetP.O. Box 564Ahoskie, NC 27910
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 252-332-5124
- Fax: 252-332-3317
- Website: http://www.legalaidnc.org
Legal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income people in order to ensure equal access to justice and to remove barriers to economic opportunity. Legal Aid of North helps individuals, families and communities with legal problems affecting basic human needs such as family, housing, education, employment and income.
Legal Aid of North Carolina's Ahoskie office serves Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Halifax, Hertford, Northampton, Pasquotank and Perquimans counties.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Halifax, Hertford, Northampton, Pasquotank, Perquimans
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Community Development, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Homeless, Housing, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Prisoners, Public Benefits, Veterans
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.