Legal Aid Society of Hawaii - Partnership in Pro Bono
To Volunteer, Contact:
924 Bethel StreetHonolulu, HI 96813-4304
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 808-536-4302
- Fax: 808-527-8088
- Website: http://www.legalaidhawaii.org/
The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii created Partnership in Pro Bono to provide highquality, full representation in civil legalmatters free of charge to low income and underserved individuals throughout the state of Hawaii.
The Legal Aid Society of Hawaii is the state's oldest and largest non-profit legal services provider. Each year, legal aid assists over 18,000 clients who would not otherwise be able to afford representation with their civil legal issues. Through partnership in pro bono, we aim to increase the number of clients served as well as to increase access to full representation in ciliv legal matters for low-income and working low income individuals.
Read the Partnership in Pro Bono Program brochure (PDF document) for more information.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Hawaii
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Health, Housing, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Guardian Ad Litem
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No