Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut, Inc.
To Volunteer, Contact:
John Bozzi(860) 344-8096
1290 Silas Deane HighwaySte. 3AWethersfield, CT 06109
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 860-344-8096 ext. 3014
- Fax: 860-344-1918
- Website: http://www.ctprobono.org/
Statewide Legal Services (SLS) is available by phone to clients throughout Connecticut. Generally SLS is the entry point for accessing legal assistance. SLS may provide advice over the phone, mail information, or refer clients to a legal services office or private attorney at no cost to the client.
There are pro bono opportunities for attorneys who wish to do pro bono work during non business hours or who wish to participate in pro bono programs for corporate or transactional attorneys.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Connecticut
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, HIV/AIDS, Housing, Public Benefits, Veterans
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: If you accept three pro bono cases or if you do twenty-five hours of pro bono work during a calendar year you will receive a voucher to attend a CLE class of your choosing offered by the CBA.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No