Philadelphia VIP, Pro Bono Legal Services and LawWorks, a Project of VIP
To Volunteer, Contact:
1500 Walnut Street, Suite 400Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (215) 523-9550
- Fax: (215) 564-0845
- Website: http://phillyvip.org
Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP) is dedicated to providing indigent individuals equal access to the legal system in civil matters by referring them to volunteer lawyers, paralegals, and others who provide legal services free of charge.
VIP's cases usually fall into one of the following categories: consumer litigation, domestic relations, estate planning, immigration, landlord-tenant, non-profit organizations, probate, real estate, special education and school discipline, tax, and tort defense.
Description of VIP: provides referrals for pro bono legal representation in cases involving consumer, domestic relations, estate planning, immigration, landlord-tenant, probate, taxes, real estate, tort defenses, special education and school discipline issues. www.phillyvip.org. Contact: Ourania Papademetriou, Co-Managing Attorney, email@example.com
Description of LawWorks: provides referrals for pro bono representation for eligible nonprofit organizations and small businesses that benefit low-income communities and low-income homeowners seeking clear title to their homes. www.philadelphialawworks.org Contact: Stefanie Fleisher Seldin, Co-Managing Attorney, LawWorks, firstname.lastname@example.org
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Philadelphia
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Education, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Taxes, Probate, Real Estate, Special Education and School Discipline, and Tort Defense
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Immigrants, Low Income, Nonprofits, Working poor and unemployed
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: If you attend a VIP training seminar, you can obtain two CLE credits if you take a case.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No