Philadelphia VIP, Pro Bono Legal Services and LawWorks, a Project of VIP
To Volunteer, Contact:
1500 Walnut Street, Suite 400Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (215) 523-9550
- Fax: (215) 564-0845
- Website: http://phillyvip.org
Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP) is dedicated to providing indigent individuals equal access to the legal system in civil matters by referring them to volunteer lawyers, paralegals, and others who provide legal services free of charge.
VIP's cases usually fall into one of the following categories: consumer litigation, domestic relations, estate planning, immigration, landlord-tenant, non-profit organizations, probate, real estate, special education and school discipline, tax, and tort defense.
Description of VIP: Philadelphia VIP provides referrals for pro bono legal representation in cases involving consumer, domestic relations, estate planning, immigration, landlord-tenant, probate, taxes, real estate, tort defenses, special education and school discipline issues. www.phillyvip.org.
Description of LawWorks: Philadelphia LawWorks is the community economic development project of Philadelphia VIP. LawWorks refers eligible nonprofit organizations and small businesses to lawyers who have agreed to provide pro bono legal services. LawWorks also partners with nonprofit organizations and small business incubators to provide one-on-one legal clinics to answer urgent legal questions. More Information
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Philadelphia
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Education, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Taxes, Probate, Real Estate, Special Education and School Discipline, and Tort Defense
- Populations Served: Children, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Immigrants, Low Income, Nonprofits, Working poor and unemployed
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: If you attend a VIP training seminar, you can obtain CLE credits if you take a case.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: Beginning in 2019, attorneys may receive one (1) CLE credit hour for every five (5) hours of pro bono service completed through Accredited Pro Bono CLE Providers. A maximum of three hours may be applied per compliance period.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No