From Recession Through Recovery: The changing conditions of low-to moderate-income America
Tuesday July 09
- By: The Federal Reserve System
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Time Zone: Central Time (US & Canada)
Webinar (Live)Map: maps.google.com
- Website: www.stlouisfed.org
This session will present findings from recent research on how the low- and moderate-income (LMI) population has been affected by the Great Recession and subsequent recovery. The LMI population has fared worse overall than higher-income groups and as well as faced unique, adverse conditions on several fronts.
The session will consider:
- How the LMI population has fared relative to other income segments,
- Changes and challenges experienced relative to job availability, credit access, affordable housing, and basic needs, and
- Ways the findings can inform service design and delivery.
The presenters are:
- Kelly Edmiston, senior economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Ona Porter, executive director, Prosperity Works
- Steven Shepelwich, senior community affairs advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (moderator)