Harter Secrest Ranked Top Firm In Rochester
- Volunteer Legal Services Project
- Source: New York > Rochester / Finger Lakes
Corporate Board Member magazine, released its third annual ranking of “America’s Best Corporate Lawyers.”
For the second year in a row, survey respondents named Harter, Secrest & Emery as the firm of choice in Rochester.
Unlike most surveys based on firm size or revenues, Corporate Board Member magazine polled 26,855 directors and general counsel of publicly traded companies listed on the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ to determine which firms they most respected nationally and locally. Respondents were asked to select the five local law firms, from a list provided, that they would most likely select to aid their companies on a broad range of corporate legal issues. The issue features the top 20 law firms in the U.S. and the top five law firms in 50 major U.S. cities.
According to Corporate Board Member magazine, “The results show that 34 firms continue to hold the first places they won last year… doubtless a signal that their clients are getting what they pay for.”
“We are pleased and honored to be recognized again as the top firm in our area,” said Eric A. Evans, the managing partner of Harter, Secrest & Emery. “Every day, we are honored to serve our clients and the Rochester business community. This recognition from those clients and other local business leaders is deeply appreciated.”
In addition to securing its position as the Corporate Board Member magazine survey firm of choice in Rochester, HS&E and its employees have been the recipients of several other significant honors in the last year:
• Rodenbeck Award by the Monroe County Bar Association (Recipient, partner James C. Moore);
• International Service Provider Award by the International Business Council;
• Paralegal Association of Rochester’s Paralegal of the Year (Recipient Wendy Brewer);
• Volunteer Legal Services Project William E. McKnight Pro Bono Award through the Volunteer Legal Services Project — (Recipient, partner Erika N.D. Stanat along with honorable mention to partner Paul W. Holloway and associates Mark R. Wilson and Leslie E. DesMarteau).