13th Annual School Law Institute
Tuesday April 16
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Practising Law Institute810 7th AvenueNew York City, NY
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
Why you should attend
To effectively represent parents, students, and school districts, practitioners must continue to develop and expand their understanding of the most recent developments in case law, and keep abreast not only of legislative and regulatory changes, but even technological changes as they affect schools and governing laws.
At PLI's 13th Annual School Law Institute, an expert faculty will examine significant new developments in education law and policy, as well as the implications of these developments for your clients.
What you will learn
• Bullying of children with disabilities
• Issues impacting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Youth in our nation's schools
• The most recent Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 decisions and significant issues impacting special education practice
• Student privacy rights
• Ethical challenges facing school law attorneys
Who should attend
This program is for attorneys specializing in school law representing parents, school districts and/or private schools. The program is also valuable for agency and school district administrators, as well as parents, who are interested in keeping abreast of new developments in school law.
Cost: $595 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.00 Ethics: 1.00 Professional Practice: 6.00 CLE-NJ Credits Total Credits: 7.20 Ethics: 1.20 General: 6.00 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.