26th Annual Elder Law Institute
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
PLI New York Center
Why You Should Attend
The 26th Annual Elder Law Institute presents current legal topics important to your older clients, and your younger clients with aging parents.
Many of the subjects covered this year focus on planning for incapacity, paying for health care and maintaining the legal autonomy and dignity of your aging clients. The subject of elder law is a part of every practice - we cannot stop the aging process, nor the reality that we live longer and at the same time the problems and the programs that elderly rely on become more complex. This program changes every year. New topics are added and standard topics are updated.
What You Will Learn
- Update on the change to Medicaid
- Medicaid eligibility and how to use it to cover the high cost of long term care
- Advising families facing nursing home placement
- Ethics in elder law - understanding the unique ethical boundaries when dealing with older clients and their families
Who Should Attend
The 26th Annual Elder Law Institute is geared to general practitioners and elder law attorneys who are just starting out, or experienced elder law attorneys who would like to review the subjects covered. This year will highlight the current changes in the field as well as some traditional subjects that are relevant to the current economic pressures that our aging clients confront.
Register at PLI.
*Scholarships are available to attend this seminar. For more information please contact Leonard McKenzie at email@example.com.
- CLE Credit Comments: PLI programs qualify for credit in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please be sure to check with your state and the credit calculator on our website for details CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.00 Ethics: 1.00 Professional Practice: 6.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 7.20 Ethics: 1.20 General: 6.00
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu