Nonprofit Incorporation and Tax Exemption Workshop
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Source: Misc Natonal Sites
- Nonprofit/Community Development
This workshop provides valuable information about starting a nonprofit organization. State issues to be covered include articles of incorporation, bylaws, and the first organization meeting. Federal issues include the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and corresponding regulations, application for employer identification number, IRS disclosure rules, unrelated business taxable income, charitable contributions, and restrictions on lobbying.
This workshop will also touch on the legal and ethical duties for board members, donor requirements, the new Form 990, intellectual property issues specific to nonprofit tax-exempt organizations, insurance, and employment issues. The Fiscal Sponsorship model will be addressed as an alternative to forming a non-profit organization.
- CLE Credit Comments: *3.0 CLE credits: 2 Professional Practice and 1 Skills (Approved for Non-Transitional and Transitional Attorneys)
Luis Nieto DickensVolunteer Lawyers for the Arts212-319-2787 x12
- Website: www.vlany.org