The New Pro Bono Standards: Update on the 2013 Model Rule Revisions
- 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: PLI
PLI California Center
- Pro Bono
Why You Should Attend
The American Bar Association has just released updated Standards for Pro Bono Legal Services Programs. Join this program to learn about what the Standards provide, and how you might use them to improve or build on your program.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of the Pro Bono Standards
- The nature and purpose of the Standards
- Development of the Standards
- How the Standards are used
- Updates to the Standards
- Significant revisions
- Hot Topics and Controversies
- Governance and board roles
- Attorney-Client privilege issues
- Pro Bono placement and volunteer support
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in pro bono and volunteering and those involved in developing or administering pro bono programs, such as, pro bono coordinators from law firms, pro bono managers and executive directors in legal aid organizations, free standing pro bono program staff, and local and state bar association staff and officers, would greatly benefit from attending this program.
Registration: Free at PLI.
- CLE Credit Comments: NY: 3.5 Professional Practice Credits
- Website: www.pli.edu