Consumer Bankruptcy Cases 2013
- 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: PLI
PLI New York Center
Why you should attend
The financial crisis has positioned consumer bankruptcy lawyers as the solution for millions of individuals facing financial difficulties. This half-day program is targeted at providing legal and practical information for both experienced consumer bankruptcy lawyers, and lawyers who do not regularly practice in this field, but are finding an increasing need to know essential information in this area. The program will provide an overview of the Chapter 7 process for consumer debtors, address difficult issues that arise after the filing, focus on transfer avoidance litigation by trustees and provide highlights of recent cases and hot topics. The program will also feature a panel of Bankruptcy Judges for a dynamic "Views from the Bench" discussion.
What you will learn
- From filing to case closing: Everything you need to know about the Chapter 7 process for consumer debtors
- Troubleshooting: Surprise! Your straightforward no asset Chapter 7 case is not so straightforward: Dealing with the unexpected after the Chapter 7 filing
- Giving the money back: Trustees seeking recovery of preferential transfers, fraudulent conveyances and unauthorized post-petition transfers
- Recent case law and hot topics
- Special Feature! Views from the Bench
Who should attend
The program is designed for attorneys practicing in the consumer bankruptcy law field. It is also designed for attorneys who do not regularly practice in these fields, but find they are increasingly faced with bankruptcy issues and need a condensed version of the most essential legal issues and practice tips.
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 260-4PLI.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 3.50 Ethics: 0.50 Professional Practice: 3.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 3.60 General: 3.60 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 20132.pdf