Immigration Status and Public Benefits Eligibility
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
The New York Immigration Coalition
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This session will focus on immigration status as an eligibility requirement in federal and state public benefit programs, including Family and Safety Net Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Food Stamps, and Medicaid. Verification of immigration status and concerns about public charge, sponsor liability, and contacts between local benefit agencies and USCIS and USICE will also be covered. This training will be conducted by Barbara Weiner, Esq., staff attorney, Empire Justice Center.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 3 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
Jonathan VidalThe New York Immigration Coalition212-627-2227 ext. 227
- Attachment(s): TI_Jan_Mar_13_Cal.pdf