The Legal Aid Society's 2011-2012 CLE Pro Bono Training Program: Housing Preservation Actions
Tuesday January 10
- By: The Legal Aid Society, Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP80 Pine StreetNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org
Learn to initiate and litigate proceedings on behalf of tenants whose landlords willfully refuse to provide the most basic of services, including heat and hot water during the winter. The session will address the drafting of pleadings, pre-litigation research, how to obtain evidence, and strategies for effectively litigating the action to a successful conclusion. Cases provide an excellent opportunity to engage in settlement conferences and hearings.
Faculty Chair: April Newbauer, Esq., Magda Rosa-Rios, Esq. and Brooke Drew, Esq., Civil Practice
CLE Credit: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 2 credits total: 1 hour of professional practice/practice management and 1 hour skills. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
- Attachment(s): 2011-2012_training_brochure.pdf