Welcome to the LGBT Practice Area, launched by Pro Bono Net in partnership with the LGBT Bar Association of New York in February 2019. This practice area supports pro bono attorneys, volunteer law students, and civil legal aid advocates working for LGBTQ+ individuals who cannot afford to pay for an attorney.
- Gain access to a Library of resources to support your advocacy, like training materials re: representing LGBTQ+ clients, reports on LGBTQ+ rights and acccess to justice, and legislative policy/advocacy info;
- Search for Pro Bono Opportunities with organizations statewide serving the LGBTQ+ community;
- Stay up to date on News and sign-up for events, including trainings for advocates, via the Calendar (and submit your own articles and events);
- Listen to Podcasts hosted by the LGBT Bar on recent legal developments affecting LGBTQ+ individuals;
- Become part of an active network of advocates serving low-income LGBTQ+ individuals in New York.
Did you know? You can submit content to this site for review by the administrator. To submit news, click "add article" on the news page. To submit a calendar event, click "add event" on the calendar page. To submit library content, click "add resource" on the library page. Your submission will be reviewed and posted as appropriate.