Staff Attorney, Housing Law - Brooklyn Legal Services
Brooklyn Legal Services seeks a Staff Attorney for its Housing Law Unit.
The Staff Attorney will represent tenants and groups in Housing Court eviction proceedings, administrative proceedings, Supreme Court actions against administrative agencies, impact litigation in Federal and other courts, and other litigation. Other duties include intake, community education, and community outreach. The position may be located in any of our four offices in Bed-Stuy, Clinton Hill, East New York/Brownsville, and downtown Brooklyn.
Experience and Qualifications
- We seek an attorney admitted to the New York State Bar with:
- A demonstrated passion for social justice and a commitment to working with low-income communities and communities of color to advance equity;
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills;
- Strong interest in working with clients in crisis;
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle diverse, fast paced, and high volume case load;
- Litigation experience (preferred);
- Fluency or strong proficiency in a second language (preferred); and
- Background in organizing or strong ties to Brooklyn low-income communities (preferred)
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write "Housing Attorney" in the subject line of the email. Please, no telephone calls.
Salary and benefits are determined by the LS-NYC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Legal Services NYC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, people over 40, and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply.