The Way Forward: Working with College-Aged Survivors of Assault in 2020 and Beyond
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: New York State Office of Victim Services (OVS)
Building upon their webinar summarizing the 2020 Title IX Final Rule, OVS Director Elizabeth Cronin, and SUNY’s Elizabeth Brady and Joseph Storch will come together again for a frank discussion and Q&A on legal and policy issues and best practices in serving college-aged victims and survivors in the wake of COVID-19, the Title IX Regulations, continued conversations of unequal treatment on the basis of race (including for victims and survivors of crime), and the challenges of the distanced environment.
The session will briefly remind attendees of the salient issues in the Final Rule, but will be more of a discussion. We will touch on:
- Current resources available from OVS and SUNY to help providers serve New Yorkers
- Approaches to challenges, and
- How to provide clear and accurate information to the populations we serve
We will also take your questions and discussion points.
Please Note: Pre-registration for this webinar is required. See below to register.