JOB OPENING: Pro Bono Coordinator Positions Available at inMotion!
- Her Justice
- Source: New York > Family Justice/DV
Our wonderful Pro Bono Coordinator, Parul Patel, is soon leaving inMotion to attend law school. She leaves behind some big shoes to fill, and we are looking for someone up to the challenge of taking on her position. We are also seeking to hire a pro bono coordinator, a new position, in our Bronx office.
Qualifications:We seek a self-motivated team-player with a B.A. who enjoys managing multiple tasks, a person who possesses strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and computer skills. We value experience with corporate law firms; volunteer-based social service organizations; family, matrimonial and/or immigration law matters; and/or domestic violence issues. Fluency in Spanish is required.
Responsibilities:The Pro Bono Coordinator links inMotion volunteer lawyers, the majority of whom work in major corporate firms, with clients in need of free representation, by a variety of activities, including:
· Performing intake with prospective clients and providing brief advice, information and/or referrals to women who call seeking assistance.
· Writing and circulating to volunteer lawyers a regular Case Digest that compellingly describes the specific legal needs of clients awaiting pro bono representation.
· Organizing and implementing periodic lawyer training sessions, presentations, workshops and clinics, including scheduling, developing content and handouts, and enrolling and following-up with participants.
· Linking inMotion clients and volunteers, providing them with contact information and case description and documentation, enhancing the establishment of a positive professional working relationship.
· Working with other inMotion legal staff and volunteers to refine intake, referral, database entry and evaluation procedures.
Hiring Organization:InMotion seeks to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of women-low-income, under-served, and abused-by offering them legal and social services designed to foster equal access to justice and an empowered approach to life. We fulfill our mission by providing free, quality services, primarily in the areas of matrimonial, family and immigration law, in a way that acknowledges mutual respect, encourages personal growth, and nurtures individual and collective strength. We also work to promote policies that make our society more responsive to the legal issues confronting the women we serve. We have offices in the Bronx and Manhattan.
Salary:Commensurate with experience. Full benefits and liberal vacation policy.
Application: Send resume and cover letter to Heidi Lee Henderson, Esq., Director, Legal Services, by email (email@example.com) or fax (212-695-9519). Email preferred. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.