JOB OPENING: Staff Attorney Positions Available at inMotion!
- Her Justice
- Source: New York > Family Justice/DV
We seek a member of the New York Bar who has litigated complex family law and matrimonial cases in New York for a minimum of three years. This individual should have substantial experience representing indigent clients and, ideally, be familiar with domestic violence, public benefits, immigration and housing law issues. We value strong organizational, inter-personal, communication, writing and computer skills. Fluency in Spanish is desirable, but not required. We have an opening for a full-time permanent staff attorney as well as a temporary staff attorney position to cover a maternity leave.
The staff attorney will:
· Recruit volunteer attorneys from large law firms and corporations to provide pro bono representation to inMotion clients by making presentations and conducting CLE trainings in the areas of family and matrimonial law;
· Mentorand support volunteer attorneys who are handling complex cases in these substantive areas
for inMotion clients;
· Provide telephone counsel and advice and/or brief services to women who are proceeding pro se
in family and matrimonial law matters;
· Perform client intake and assist in placing cases with volunteer attorneys;
· Assist in recruiting, training and supervising in-house volunteer lawyers and law students;
· Participate in inMotion's workshops, walk-in clinics and community information initiatives; and
· Serve on committees, task forces and panels relating to policy issues and/or reform efforts.
Hiring Organization:Since 1993, inMotion has helped thousands of women free themselves from abusive relationships, stay in their homes and win the financial support to which they-and their children-are legally entitled. Our mission is to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of women-low-income, under-served, abused-by offering them legal and social services designed to foster equal access to justice and an empowered approach to life. We fulfill our mission by providing free legal services, primarily in the areas of matrimonial, family and immigration law, and intensive social work support in a way that acknowledges mutual respect, encourages personal growth, and nurtures individual and collective strength. Informed by this work, inMotion promotes policies that make our society more responsive to the legal issues confronting the women we serve. We have offices in Manhattan and the Bronx.
Salary:Competitive and commensurate with experience. Full benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance coverage and 403b plan, and liberal vacation policy.
Application:Fax or email resume and cover letter to Heidi Lee Henderson, Esq., Director, Legal and Social Services: 212-695-9519 or firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred).