The 2013 Abely Awards
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Sanctuary for Families, Davis Polk & Wardell, Columbia Law School
Davis Polk & Wardell
- Source: New York > Family Justice/DV
Co-hosted by Sanctuary for Families, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and Columbia Law School, the annual Abely Awards salute dedicated individuals who have made a difference in the lives of victims of domestic violence. We hope you'll save the date!
The Abely Award for Leading Women and Children to Safety:
- The Honorable Jonathan Lippman - Chief Judge of the State of New York
The Abely Pro Bono Achievement Award
- Samidh Guha - Partner, Akin Gump
The 2013 Maryellen Abely Fellow
- Rosie Wang - Third-Year Student, Columbia Law School
About the Abely Awards
The Abely Awards honor the memory of Maryellen Abely, an alumna of Columbia Law School, an associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and a pro bono attorney at Sanctuary for Families' Center for Battered Women's Legal Services.
Maryellen was a tireless advocate for the rights of victims of domestic abuse and one of the first pro bono attorneys at the Legal Center. After a long battle with cancer, she died in 1995. In remembering Maryellen, we celebrate the contributions of pro bono attorneys, law students, and legal assistants whose efforts enable Sanctuary to serve thousands of domestic violence victims each year.
The Abely Award for Leading Women and Children to Safety honors individuals who have made a difference in the lives of victims of domestic violence and who embody Maryellen Abely's compassion, zeal, energy and dedication.
Sanctuary for Families
- Website: www.sanctuaryforfamilies.org