Survivor Centered Individual Advocacy in Bankruptcy (Part I - Free Webinar)
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Center for Survivor Agency & Justice
WebinarMap:New York, NY
Part I: Survivor Centered Individual Advocacy in Bankruptcy
Click to register.
In this third of five Consumer Rights Webinar Training Toolkits, CSAJ invites you to join esteemed faculty in addressing bankruptcy issues facing survivors.
Part I Focus: Bankruptcy*, January 16, 2019 @ 2:00 - 3:30pm ET:
1) Identify how bankruptcy might become an option for survivors, and how bankruptcy needs manifest differently for underserved survivors.
2) Describe individual survivor-centered consumer advocacy, bankruptcy, and alternative legal remedies.
3) Engage attendees in discussion about unique or innovative practices.
*a more detailed description coming soon
Karen Tjapkes, Director of Strategic Litigation and the West Michigan LITC, Legal Aid of Western Michigan
Persis Yu, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
This webinar is particularly geared toward advocates, legal advocates, and lawyers working with low-income survivors, including those from underserved communities. It is also relevant to program managers, directors, and policy makers.
The webinar is open to LAV, Rural, STOP, and State, U.S. Territory, and Tribal Coalition grantees of the Office on Violence Against Women, and all other nonprofit service providers who work to enhance advocacy for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
Center for Survivor Agency & Justice
- Website: csaj.org