Storm Recovery Seminar & Resource Fair
- 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Touro Law Center
Touro Law Center to Help Inform Superstorm Sandy Victims of Impending Insurance Deadlines
Touro Law Center, home of the Superstorm Sandy Disaster Relief Clinic is presenting this seminar to help homeowners affected by Hurricane Sandy meet requirements for two upcoming insurance deadlines:
- The "proof of loss" requirement
- The statute of the limitations to file suit
The Disaster Relief Clinic strongly advises all Sandy victims who are owed flood insurance money to meet this "proof of loss" deadline - even if for example:
- A claim, "supplement," or other paperwork is currently pending with the insurer.
- They have been told that they will receive more insurance money by anyone.
- They have signed a "proof of loss" form from an insurance adjuster (which is likely incomplete and does not state the full amount of insurance money owed).
- They have worked with a contractor, building consultant, engineer, public adjuster, or any other expert.
Touro's checklist provides simple, easy-to-digest information for homeowners about these critical flood insurance deadlines, critical deadlines in homeowner (non-flood) insurance policies, as well as other vital information and tips based on their experience helping storm victims for nearly a year.
- Attachment(s): FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Storm Recovery Seminar _ Resource Fair.doc