1st Annual Institute on Not-for-Profit Law
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: New York City Bar Association
New York City Bar Association
- Source: Misc Natonal Sites
- Nonprofit/Community Development
This full-day program will provide a comprehensive overview of recent trends and developments and hot issues in the ever-changing field of not-for-profit law.
Topics to be covered include issues such as legislative trends at both the state and federal levels including ideas to reform New York's Not-for-Profit Corporation Law and dealing with New York's version of the Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act including requirements that all New York formed nonprofits have investment policies; issues in nonprofit accounting; compensation concerns including Governor Cuomo's recent executive order on compensation for state-funded nonprofits; ethical issues in not-for-profit law; intellectual property issues for nonprofits; compliance with IRS-encouraged nonprofit policies and other best practices updates.
Panelists will include regulators, attorneys and accountants.
Who Should Attend: This Institute will be of interest to lawyers for nonprofit organizations (especially in-house counsel) as well as lawyers who serve on board of directors of nonprofits.
- CLE Credit Comments: New York, California & New Jersey CLE Credit: 7.5 total: 6.5 professional practice & 1.0 ethics. This live program provides transitional/non-transitional credit to all attorneys. Illinois Credit: 6.0 general. Pennsylvania credit: 6.0 General MCLE
RegistrationCity Bar Center for CLE212-382-6663
- Website: www.abcny2.org