Providing Pro Bono Disaster-Related Assistance
- 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Brooklyn Legal Services , Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
Brooklyn Bar Association
The Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project and Brooklyn Legal Services will present a city-wide training for attorneys and law students interested in providing pro bono disaster-related assistance.
Topics will include:
- An overview of FEMA and other disaster relief programs
- Accessing new and continuation benefits, including SNAP, public assistance and disaster unemployment
- An overview of housing issues and advocacy in the aftermath of Sandy.
Trainers: Catherine Bowman and Pavita Krishnaswamy, Brooklyn Legal Services
Please note that this program is not being offered for CLE credit.
Jessica SpiegelBrooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project