TrustLaw Training: Social Enterprise and Impact Investing
- 8:30 AM - 2:45 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Thomson Reuters TrustLaw
On December 2nd and 3rd, 2019, the TrustLaw team and social innovation experts will run a two half-day training on Social Enterprise and Impact Investing in New York City.
This course will explore key legal issues and trends in the social innovation space and provide lawyers and other professionals with the skills they need to advise di?erent stakeholders in the sector. It is a ?rst-of-its-kind course to combine hands-on legal training with practical case studies and excellent networking opportunities.
Upon completion of the training, participants should be able to:
- Understand the shape of the social economy in the U.S. and how the U.S. has positioned itself as a leading player in this space globally.
- Advise on the appropriate business structure for di?erent social enterprises and on di?erent mechanisms to lock social mission into business activities.
- Recognize the key legal issues facing social entrepreneurs to help ensure agreements and commercial documentation re?ect the ?nancial and social realities of this rapidly growing sector.
- Have a clear understanding of innovative tools and mechanisms used to inject capital into socially focused businesses, including social impact bonds, crowdfunding and impact investment funds.
- Design and structure investment transactions using innovative impact terms and approaches to align investors with varying ?nancial return and impact objectives.
Participants will become part of a community of practice that facilitates the sharing of lessons learned and best practices in the realm of social entrepreneurship and impact investing. Additionally, upon completion of the course, attendees may be given the opportunity to participate in related pro bono projects through TrustLaw, enabling them to apply the skills and knowledge gained to real-life matters.