Attorney Wellness: The Wonder of Sleep
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: American Bar Association
WebinarMap:New York, NY
- Mental Health
Have you ever wondered how much sleep you really need or if napping is a good alternative to a full night of sleep?
Lawyers are in one of the most sleep-deprived occupations, yet it is critical for lawyers to get adequate sleep to recover from occupational stresses and to perform legal work at the highest professional and ethical levels. Quality sleep is critically important in the recovery process. Sleep deprivation has been linked to a multitude of health problems that decay the mind and body, including depression, cognitive impairment, decreased concentration, and burnout.
This talk will take a fast-paced, lawyer-oriented approach to sleep and why lawyers need to better prioritize sleep in their lives for better health and performance.
Our panel will discuss:
- What happens when you sleep
- The many positive effects of good sleep
- Why you should try harder to establish better sleep habits
- Tips and advice you can use to develop better sleep habits