Fair Housing Law and Practice 2019
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practicing Law Institute
This new program will provide an overview of the Fair Housing Act: what is prohibited, what is covered, and strategies for maximizing compliance. The program will also cover special topics such as advertising housing on social media, disability discrimination issues, including requests for reasonable accommodation, and other contemporary issues under federal, state and local fair housing laws.
What You Will Learn
- Fair Housing Act
- What is covered
- What is prohibited
- Maximizing compliance
- Housing discrimination in the age of social media
- Fair housing landscape: strategies and special topics
- Disability cases
- Source of income discrimination
- Alternative dispute resolution techniques
Who Should Attend
Attorneys interested in learning about Fair House Act fundamentals and related laws and regulations will benefit from this program. Practitioners at all experience levels will find this program informative.
For scholarship information, please click here.