Defending Immigration Removal Proceedings 2018 (Free Webcast)
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
The Practising Law Institute is offering a free webcast of a live presentation from New York entitled Defending Immigration Removal Proceedings 2018 on July 26, 2018 from 9:00 am-5:00 pm Eastern.
With the Administration and the Department of Homeland Security focused on enforcement and deportation initiatives, non-citizens facing removal are in need of competent and knowledgeable representation. Studies have shown that those without legal representation face a significantly higher risk of removal, regardless of eligibility for relief.
In response to the acute need for trained attorneys to defend the record number of immigrants facing removal, prominent members of the bar and bench have called for more pro bono work to be done to fill the gap. At this program, expert practitioners will provide a comprehensive, nuts and bolts overview of how to most effectively defend immigrants facing removal proceedings.
What You Will Learn
- Review of the evolving landscape in immigration
- Recent developments in asylum law
- The nuts and bolts of cancellation of removal
- Representing the criminal defendant in removal proceedings
- Representing children in removal proceedings
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Newly admitted NY attorneys CAN earn ethics, professional practice, and law practice management credits CANNOT earn skills credits in this format. See exceptions for attorneys outside US. Total Credits: 7.50 Ethics: 1.00 Professional Practice: 6.50
Practising Law Institute800.260.4PLI
- Website: www.pli.edu