Navigating the Affordable Care Act
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Brooklyn Bar Association, Brooklyn Bar Association Foundation Law Committee, Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
Brooklyn Bar Association
- Health Care
A free program for individuals, professional practitioners and businesses
Topics will include:
- Why am I losing my health insurance plan?
- What are the options available through the "New York State of Health" Marketplace/Exchange?
- What are the differences of the health insurance plans offered "on Exchange" and "off Exchange"?
- How do I determine whether my physician participates in an "on Exchange" plan?
- Do I qualify for a premium subsidy on the Exchange?
- My group health insurance plan is being cancelled; What are my options?
- Understanding the employee mandate now in effect as well as the employer mandate for 2015
- How to calculate the full time equivalency test and what does it mean?
Reservations are recommended. To reserve a seat or for more information contact Avery Eli Okin, Esq., CAE at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 624-0675.
- Fern J. Finkel, Esq. - Foundation Law Committee Chair, Moderator and Program Organizer
- Charles Newman - Principal Charles J. Newman Co., LLC
This program is a joint presentation of the Brooklyn Bar Association, The Brooklyn Bar Association Foundation Law Committee, The Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, and the Brooklyn Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Avery Eli OkinBrooklyn Bar Association(718) 624-0675
- Website: www.brooklynbar.org