Nonprofit Organizations 2013: Form 990 Reporting, Governance, and Compensation Issues
- 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
- Nonprofit/Community Development
Why you should attend:
Nonprofit organizations continue to face heightened scrutiny and complex regulatory guidelines. Nonprofit Organizations 2013: Form 990 Reporting, Governance, and Compensation Issues will provide you with practice advice and updates on the latest developments in the preparation of the Form 990, nonprofit governance, and nonprofit compensation, along with other unique financial and regulatory issues that impact the nonprofit sector.
What you will learn:
- Form 990 update, issues, and solutions
- Financial developments that impact nonprofit organizations
- Compensation issues: federal and state statutory framework, what is "reasonable" compensation, proper financial reporting
- Nonprofit governance developments and best practices
Who should attend:
Attorneys who advise nonprofit organizations, work for a nonprofit organization , or serve (or would like to serve) on a nonprofit board.
Cost: $595 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships - see attached flyer for more details.
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 3.50 Professional Practice: 3.50 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 3.60 General: 3.60 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 20132.pdf