Judges' Pet Peeves 2013: Tips from the Bench on Trial Practice
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
- Legal Skills
Why you should attend
This program will provide litigators with the unique opportunity to hear directly from the judges how they view communications with the court and trial practice, as well as how lawyers can help (or sabotage) their cases.
What you will learn
Based on a series of hypotheticals, this year's panel of state and federal court judges will discuss:
- Appropriate civil litigation techniques, including how to build credibility with the court
- Effective pleadings
- Do's and don'ts of motion practice
- Effective written and oral communication with the Court
- Conducting discovery
- The trial: best practices from the judicial perspective
- Civility and ethics issues
Who should attend
This program will be of great interest to litigators practicing in federal or state courts.
Cost: $395 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships - see the attached flyer for details.
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 2.00 Ethics: 0.50 Professional Practice: 1.50 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 2.20 General: 2.20 PLI programs qualify for credit in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please be sure to check with your state and the credit calculator on our website for details.
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 20131.pdf