16th Annual Children's Law Institute
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
- Children's Rights
Why you should attend
Advocates representing children, parents, child welfare or foster care agencies, or working on policy must address evolving issues in an increasingly complex environment. This year, PLI's 16th Annual Children's Law Institute will focus on a variety of social and legal issues affecting child welfare and juvenile justice practice.
What you will learn
• Kinship guardianship - an overview
• New York's juvenile justice system - reform efforts
• Recent developments in child welfare and juvenile delinquency practice
• The rights of adolescents
Who should attend
Child, parent and family advocates, working in New York State in law, social work or public policy.
Cost: $595 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.00 Professional Practice: 7.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 7.20 General: 7.20
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 2013.pdf