Current Developments in Federal Civil Practice 2013
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
PLI New York Center
- Federal Courts
Why you should attend
Are you up-to-date on the important developments in federal civil practice and the implications of these developments for your cases? At Current Developments in Federal Civil Practice 2013, a distinguished faculty of trial lawyers and judges will review and offer their insights into significant recent developments in the law. The program will focus on applying these developments for best pretrial and trial practices.
What you will learn
• Recent decisions interpreting and applying the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence
• New developments affecting pleadings, motions to dismiss, and summary judgment motions
• Strategies for effective and efficient electronic discovery
• Using experts effectively in pretrial motion practice and at trial
• The View from the Bench - insight from federal judges on what they consider to be effective practices in pretrial proceedings and at trial
• Ethics in federal civil practice
Who should attend
This program will be helpful to the new lawyer who needs to learn the federal rules and the experienced trial attorney who needs an update on the most recent federal issues and decisions.
Cost: $1595 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.00 Ethics: 1.00 Professional Practice: 6.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 7.20 Ethics: 1.20 General: 6.00
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Attachment(s): Scholarship Application 2013.pdf