- 6:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: The Legal Aid Society
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Pro Bono
- Nonprofit/Community Development
Acquire expertise in incorporating not-for-profit entities and securing their federal tax-exempt status. The faculty will cover basic due diligence by attorneys to learn about an organization prior to drafting any documents, preparation of the not-for-profit charter and bylaws, and application to the IRS for tax exempt recognition.
To see a full schedule or find training resources from trainings that have already taken place, please visit The Legal Aid Society's CLE Pro Bono Training Program portal page.
- CLE Credit Comments: 2 credits total: .5 hour of professional practice/practice management, .5 hour skills, and 1 hour ethics. This program provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys.
Rosemary Hare-BeyThe Legal Aid Society
- Website: www.legal-aid.org