California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc. *
To Volunteer, Contact:
Juanita Ontiveros(916) 446-7904, ext. 11
2210 K Street, Suite 201Sacramento, CA 95816
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (916) 446-7904
- Fax: (916) 446-3057
- Website: http://www.crlaf.org
California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc.
We are statewide legal and policy advocates for the most exploited of California's rural poor: the unrepresented, the unorganized, and especially the undocumented and indigenous farm workers. We engage in impact litigation, community education and outreach, legislative and administrative advocacy, and provide public policy leadership on the state and local levels to them and their families in the areas of labor, housing, education, health, worker safety, pesticides, citizenship, immigration, and environmental justice.
The CRLAF provides legal training, technical assistance, advocacy support and other related support to attorneys, advocates and others involved in the provision of legal services to indigent persons in rural California.
Areas of law include: Education, Employment, Immigration & Naturalization, Foreclosure. Support for attorneys and others providing a variety of services to indigent in rural California.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Area of law: Education, Employment, Foreclosure, Immigration & Naturalization, Foreclosure. Support for attorneys and others providing a variety of services to indigent in rural California
- Populations Served: Immigrants, Low Income, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No