American Bar Association (ABA), Children's Immigration Law Academy (CILA)
To Volunteer, Contact:
3605 Katy FreewaySte. 100Houston, TX 77007
- Map: maps.google.com
- Website: https://cilacademy.org/pro-bono/pro-bono-matters/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CILA is an expert legal resource center focused on children's immigration matters. CILA builds capacity for those working to advance the rights of children seeking protection through trainings, technical assistance, and collaboration.
CILA hosts a platform on its website, Pro Bono Matters for Children Facing Deportation, found at https://cilacademy.org/pro-bono/pro-bono-matters/. Organizations from across the country post pro bono opportunities to CILA's platform. The opportunities involve children's immigration cases that need pro bono assistance. Take a look and express interest in a case card and the posting organization will contact you so you can get started.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: New Mexico
- Area of law: Family & Juvenile, Immigration & Naturalization, Asylum Seekers, Children, Communities of Color, Detained Individuals, Domestic Violence Victims, Human Trafficking Survivors Immigrant youth and unaccompanied children, Juveniles, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & trans, Low Income, Torture survivors, Women
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / Supervision Comments: Training and supervision differs depending on the opportunity. Check the platform for more information: https://cilacademy.org/pro-bono/pro-bono-matters/
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No
Download this organization and add it to your address book.
Please report any corrections to this organization's information.