Coalition of California Welfare Rights Organization, Inc. *
1901 Alhambra BlvdSacramento, CA 95816
- Phone: (916) 736-0616
- Website: http://ccwro.org/
Coalition of California Welfare Rights Organization, Inc.
The Coalition of California Welfare Rights Organizations, Inc. (CCWRO) has been providing advocacy in the public benefits field since the early 1980s. CCWRO is a statewide nonprofit organization that provides back-up services to qualified legal service field programs funded by the Legal Services Trust Fund Commission and pro-bono attorneys referred to CCWRO by such legal services field programs.
CCWRO provides back-up services to qualified legal services field programs funded by the Legal Services Trust Fund Commission and any person referred to CCWRO by such legal services field programs. CCWRO provides consultation, information, and representation on issues relateing to public benefit programs. Pro Bono Opportunities: Issues being litigated at this time are: (1) Failure to provide medical transportation to disabled Medi-Cal recipients; (2) Failure to advance transportation related costs; and (3) Failure to use non-English forms for clients whose primary language is not English. Any kind of litigation assistance is appreciated.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Area of law: Public Benefits
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Long Distance Opportunities: Conduct Research, Draft or Translate Legal Documents, Mentor Volunteer Lawyers
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes